Sunday, March 9, 2008

Match Dot gosh-darned Com

So I just changed my profile on Match dot com. First of all, may I tell you how much I hate actually being on that site? But I have found that starting out by telling guys how much you don't want to be online dating......is not a good way to start off.



I've been out with two guys, one of whom is quite possibly gay and who obviously (since I am calling him gay) has not been invited to read my blog. Ironically the gay guy (ok, ok "Metrosexual guy") is turning out to become a pretty good girlfriend. So here's a sampling of a possible profile...... :




When I was very young my aunts used to tell me I should become a model. (I know that sounds conceited, but stay with me here, I have a point). I didn't, because I didn't want to get paid to have strange men look at me. Now I'm a member of match dot com and I am actually paying money to have strange men look at me. How ironic is that?



So, what would you like to know about me? I'm smart, fun-loving and easy-going. I have a great sense of humor and can be very funny. I love to laugh. I like to play tennis, belong to the Jane Austen Book Club, and travel a lot, especially for work but also for personal recreation. I like to try to stay in shape so I just got some new excercise equipment delivered to my home because I find that with travelling I excercise a lot in hotels but when I'm home my workout routine gets interrupted. I hope you like to stay in shape as well. (Not that I expect you to be a model. Most male models are gay...not that there's anything wrong with that. A woman can never have too many gay male friends. Anyway...).



I like to think of myself as a citizen of the entire country rather than only one city. I am relatively successful. I'm very outgoing and everywhere I go I am constantly meeting smart and interesting people. I look for, and usually find, the good in everyone.



If you're still reading this then hopefully we have some things in common and if that's true then you are a rare and special person. If we actually do get a chance to meet I hope you will realize what a privilege it is just to call each other friends.



P.S. If you've changed your profile lately you'll notice that match dot com now gives us about a quarter of an inch of space in which to type a profile of 4,000 words, so you can never actually see what it is you just typed. What is up with that?

No comments: