Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Spring Fever

I watched two robins playing in my backyard today. They were flitting about and I don't know how I knew, but I could tell something romantic was going on. "Oh how cute" I thought, thinking it looked like they were trying to mate.

Wait **nose wrinkling** how Do birds mate?

Anyway, one of them started making a lot of noise that vaguely resembled "get off of me"! The other one persisted and kept chasing about until they finally ended up in a patch where a lot of other robins seemed to be hanging out playing and relaxing. The fighting couple annoyed the happy robins and they all started to take off. "Hmm....Just like humans", I thought.

One robin continued to chase the other around the yard, not bothered by the fact that they'd annoyed all of their friends. "Hmm....must be the boy trying to pounce on the girl" I thought. Then I took a closer look. The smaller female was actually the one doing the chasing. It was the big boy who was running away.

"Awwwww....REALLY just like humans", I thought, smiling.

No comments: