Sunday, February 24, 2008

Karmic Lesson about Karmic Lessons

In my post "Karmic Lessons" I pondered how every time I have a critical thought about someone I have a life experience to teach me what it feels like to live with their condition, and though I have been receiving those lessons for a long time, they now seem to be occurring with increasing rapidity. I didn't exactly phrase this as a question, but I did wonder why things seem to have speeded up....what used to take weeks or months to understand now happening in days. This, by the way, doesn't just happen with criticism. It happens with all my questions.
Case in point:

Today's sermon at church was called "The Dimmer Switch" and the point was (and I am typing this straight from my notes so I can get it right) from Larry Osborne:
"the longer we walk in obedience, the more subtle distinctions that were once indescernable become obvious....things that we would have never noticed at first suddenly can't be missed."

In other words, the lessons have always been occurring. Walking in obedience all of these years has enabled me to discern them better and apparently with increasing rapidity. I asked a question and I got an answer.

There's got to be some sort of term for this; that I could write a post about a situation - the gift of discernment in "Karmic Lessons" - and the post itself received an answer today, making it the perfect example of the condition it was meant to describe.

(If you're getting a headache reading this, just imagine the one I got trying to write it.)

2 comments:

The Texas Trio said...

I finally had a moment to visit your blog and just wanted to say Hi!

Leslie said...

Hey! I don't know if this is A or Q but thanks for stopping by!